Lodging Options - Booked on Your Own
We have reserved a limited number of apartments in the same building in which we will be rehearsing and you MUST register for the workshop first. There are four single-bedroom and 10 two-bedroom units available. Each apartment has a kitchenette and bathroom.
Each bedroom has one queen bed; up to two people may stay in one bedroom. There are no cots.
Price is $80/night for the single-bedroom units, and $60/night for one bedroom in the two-bedroom units. You may not reserve a two-bedroom unit for one attendee - the units are in short supply!
All registration for these units is done via the University, at this link. When registering, specify "Mandolin Workshop" in the "Requesting Organization" section.
When you register, you may request a specific apartment-mate, and the University will attempt to match you. Failing that, they will try to match you with a same-gender apartment-mate.
The apartments are in short supply - we know there will be more participants than apartment spaces. Apartments will be assigned by the University on a first-come basis.
The location of the apartments is perfect - literally in the same building as our rehearsal space. The building is a half-mile to the Lake Michigan beach, and is right on a popular biking and running trail that extends for miles. (Feel like a 50 mile run? No problem!)
There are numerous restaurants, coffee shops, and bars within easy walking distance, as well as a Whole Foods grocery store within two blocks.
There are no hotels in the immediate neighborhood, but downtown Milwaukee, with numerous hotels, is within two miles.
The two closest hotels are:
- County Clare Irish Inn and Pub (1.2 miles away and a very nice boutique hotel).
- Standard Rooms - $139.99 per night, plus tax. Standard rooms include one queen-size bed, double whirlpool bath, breakfast, and parking (for one vehicle).
- Suites - $149.99 per night, plus tax. Suites include one king-size bed, a sofa with pull-out bed, double whirlpool bath, breakfast and parking (for one vehicle).
- Rollaway beds - a few are available, at an extra fee of $25/night
- We have reserved a small number of rooms at the County Clare. If you book here, please ask for Rebecca Bray-Clement, and tell her you are part of the UWM Mandolin workshop.
- Park East Hotel (1.3 miles away - comfortable and a more "standard" hotel)
- As of mid-April, 2017, prices for the room are in the $110-145/night range.
- Bed options include: single king; single queen; double queen. They also have upgraded suites available.
In addition, any Airbnb rentals on Prospect or Farwell Avenues, up to about 2200 North, will be close to our location. (Obviously we are not guaranteeing any Airbnb listings.)
Booking Your Lodging
You will book your lodging directly with the hotel or apartments; we are providing the information, but are not handling any of the booking details.
Direct links to suggested places to stay:
- Kenilworth Apartments - book directly through the University
- County Claire Irish Inn and Pub
- Park East Hotel